Best Exercises to Burn Belly Fat
You would want your wardrobe collections to look stunning on you, but your belly fat could be one reason why you can’t pull it off. BELLY FAT! Has this always been a matter of concern for you? Let it not tie you down anymore. Cheers to the best exercises to burn belly fat in no time.
Table of Contents
The Russian twist is a popular exercise among athletes as it helps a lot with the rotational movement of the body. This exercise mainly focuses on toning the muscles of the abdomen, shoulder, and hips. The Russian twist is a highly recommended exercise for beginners to lose belly fat. When done in repetitive sets for weeks without fail, it improves the strength of the core muscles.
How to do Russian Twists?
- Sit down on the floor, with your knees bent and your upper body elevated in such a way that it forms a V shape with your thighs.
- Hold a medicine ball at a 45-degree angle, keeping your arms a few inches away from the chest.
- Now twist and move your torso to the right, squeezing your right oblique muscles.
- Similarly, move your torso to the left, squeezing your left oblique muscles.
If getting toned core muscles and revealing your abs has been on your bucket list, then undoubtedly mountain climbers are the must-do exercise to burn your stubborn belly fat. Besides being one of the best exercises for beginners to lose belly fat, mountain climbers also target other muscle groups like the back, hip, leg muscles, glutes, and shoulders.
How to do Mountain Climbers?
- Get into a high-plank position with your wrists resting on the ground directly under your shoulders. Make sure to maintain this plank position till you are done with the exercise.
- The primary muscles, these exercise targets are the abs. Therefore tighten up your core muscles by pulling your stomach inwards. This will give you the desired results.
- Now, slowly pull your right knee towards the chest and bring it back to rest, i.e., the initial plank position.
- Similarly, pull your left knee towards the chest and bring it back to rest, i.e., the initial plank position.
- Continue doing mountain climbers with alternate sides till the set is complete. Also, Read: Water Weight Loss Detox
Running on an Incline
Several research studies show that running on an incline is far more effective in burning calories when compared to running on a flat surface. To be more scientific, running at a speed of 3mph on a surface with 16-18% inclination burns 70% more fat in comparison to walking on a flat surface. While running on an inclined surface, be it a hill or an inclined treadmill in a gym, start off by jogging or walking for 5 to 10 minutes. Gradually, pick up your pace and start running for 5 to 10 minutes. As you progress, bring down your pace and start jogging, continued by running for another 10 minutes. Continue this cycle for desired results for about 45 minutes. While running or walking on an inclined surface ensure that you don’t lean forward. Tighten up your core as you run and maintain an upright body position throughout.
Jumping jacks is one of the most well-known high-calorie-burning workouts. It is a good cardio exercise that helps burn body fat from all over your body, namely the belly. Being
How to do Jumping Jacks?
- As you begin, keep your legs together with your hands held side by side.
- Bent your knees and jump into the air. When you jump, make sure to spread your legs shoulder-width apart. Simultaneously bring up your arms in a V shape.
- Jump back to the initial position.
- Repeat this jumping 10 to 15 times to race up the heart rate.
Having read the steps, now you know, how easy it is to get started with simple exercises for beginners to lose belly fat
The sole aim of doing a plank is to burn belly fat. Engaging multiple muscles all at once, planks are perfect exercise to burn belly fat provided the gym trainee does it in the right way.
How to do a Plank?
- Lie down on the floor with your face facing the mat.
- Get into a position by raising your torso up and bringing your elbows right under your shoulder, with your forearms resting on the floor.
- Tighten your core muscles, thighs, and glutes
- Fix your glance on the floor and focus
- Keep your body position in such a way that the shoulder, the back, and the butt lie in the same line.
- Stay put in this position for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Gradually increase the duration for up to 1 minute.
- Holding this body posture for up to one minute can result in amazing outcomes. Also, Read: 7 Proven PCOS Diet Plan to Lose Weight
Losing belly fat still remains the number one goal for many people. The presence of belly fat is one main reason many start their workout journey. Besides being an aesthetic goal, doing exercise to burn belly fat also serves other benefits. For eg, losing belly fat reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart diseases, and even certain cancers like colon cancer.