Christmas Celebration in India: Best Places to Celebrate
Christmas is a time for celebration, and there’s no better place to celebrate than in India. Here, you can find all sorts of Christmas celebrations, from traditional religious festivities to secular celebrations that take place all around the country. Traditional Indian Christmas celebrations are typically elaborate and festive affairs, with a focus on family and friends. There are often lots of special food and drink specials available during this time, making it the perfect opportunity to get your festive fix.
Christmas in India
Christmas in India is a time of joy and festivity. Families and friends gather to exchange gifts, enjoy festive meals, and celebrate the holiday together. Here are seven places in India where you can experience the festive season at its best.
- Mumbai: Mumbai is synonymous with Christmas celebrations. The city is home to some of India’s most iconic landmarks, such as the Gateway of India and Santa Cruz beach. From December 1 to January 7, numerous events take place throughout the city to celebrate the holiday. Some well-known destinations include Churchgate market, Chowpatty beach, King’s Circle and Marine Drive.
- Chennai: Chennai is known for its lush greenery and stunning beaches. The city enjoys a moderate climate throughout the year, making it perfect for celebrating Christmas Eve and Christmas Day outdoors beneath starry skies. This year, festivities will be taking place at several locations including Fort St George (for Akshaya Tritiya), Marina Beach (for Maha Shivaratri) and Adayar (for Pongal).
- Bangalore: Bangalore is one of India’s fastest-growing cities, which means there’s always something new happening here – especially when it comes to festivals! This year’s big event is Karnataka State Film Awards (Karnataka Balijanagala Sabha), which takes place on December 12th. Other popular events include Basava Jayanthi on December 10th at Kengeri Hills near Whitefield,
Christmas Traditions in India
Christmas in India is a time to celebrate with family and friends. There are many Christmas traditions in India that vary from region to region. Here are some of the best places to celebrate Christmas in India:
- Mumbai: Mumbai is considered one of the most popular holiday destinations in India, and for good reason. The city is home to some of the best shopping outlets and restaurants in the country, making it the perfect place to spend Christmas. Some popular places to celebrate Christmas in Mumbai include Santa Claus Lane at Nariman Point, Churchgate Market, and The Oberoi Grand Hotel.
- Goa: Goa is known for its white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters, making it a beautiful place to spend Christmas. Many hotels offer special packages for tourists looking to spend their holidays in Goa. Some popular destinations for spending Christmas in Goa include Anjuna Beach, Candolim Beach, Calacutta Beach, and Palolem Beach.
- Kolkata: Kolkata is an ancient city that has been transformed into a bustling metropolis over the years. However, traces of its old glory can still be found throughout the city including around Howrah Bridge on Republic Day weekend where people gather to listen to patriotic speeches by eminent citizens as well as enjoy traditional Indian cuisine like bhelpuri (type of bun) chat celebrations at street stalls near Howrah Bridge rail station on both sides of Howrah Bridge respectively. Also, Read: 2023- Best Resolutions to Follow for Students this New Year
Best Places to Celebrate Christmas in India
If you’re looking for a festive way to celebrate Christmas in India, here are some of the best places to do so. From luxurious ski resorts to quaint villages filled with traditional customs and festivities, there’s sure to be something perfect for you!
Munnar: If you’re looking for a picturesque location to spend your Christmas holiday, Munnar is definitely the place for you. Nestled in the Western Ghats range and surrounded by picturesque tea plantations and lush forests, this hill station is known for its natural beauty and tranquil ambiance. There are plenty of festive events and celebrations happening in Munnar throughout December, so be sure to check out all of them!
Kodaikanal: If skiing on pristine slopes is your thing, then look no further than Kodaikanal. This bustling winter resort is home to some of the best ski trails in India, as well as numerous other activities such as snowboarding and hiking. There are lots of festive events taking place in Kodaikanal throughout December – make sure to check out what’s on offer!
Christmas in India is an amazing time. The country is decorated to the nines, there are lots of food options available, and the people are super friendly.